Pancreatitis of the pancreas is a disease that significantly deteriorates the quality of life. A special diet is an important part of proper treatment. How doctors recommend eating with pancreatitis - read in our material.
In this article, we have gathered basic nutritional recommendations for pancreatitis, as well as a sample menu provided and some recipes.
The pancreas produces enzymes that are involved in the breakdown of nutrients from food. With pancreatitis, the glands become inflamed, and heavy and fatty foods expose them to unbearable load. For effective treatment, it is necessary to follow a diet to restore pancreatic function.
Diet for pancreatic disease is very important, it is considered one of the main components of success - that is, the patient's condition in which he is not worried about pain or symptoms of other diseases. The goal of the diet is to reduce the load on the pancreas as much as possible, to ensure that the enzymes that help process food are released gradually and little by little - in this way, exacerbations can be avoided for a long time. The diet for pancreatitis should be chemical, mechanical and thermal in nature - foods that are too fatty are difficult to digest, and overload the pancreas, and foods that are not ground or too hot / cold irritate the stomach wall, and the stomach reaction, in turn, turns on the "pancreatic glands.
Diet for pancreatitis: rules
Inflammation of the pancreas can be chronic or acute. If there is a chronic disease, table number 5 is shown, or rather, a special version - number 5p. Diets to exacerbate pancreatic pancreatitis provide for stricter restrictions (up to fasting or intravenous administration of nutrients) to alleviate the condition as quickly as possible. Once the acute symptoms are removed, the patient should be transferred to a complete but not frugal diet.
Fasting as part of a diet with an increase in pancreatic pancreatitis can last up to 3 days, depending on the severity of the condition. At this time, you can and should drink: mineral water without gas, decoction of rosehip, weak tea. Once the patient feels healthier, he can eat according to schedule No. 5 p. The main recommendations for a diet like this:
- You need to observe the breakdown of food - 5-6 times a day in small portions.
- It is best to boil or bake food.
- The use of pure plates is indicated. When conditions improve, you can switch to unclean foods.
- The menu should contain about 200 g of animal protein. The amount of fat is limited to 50 g per day.
- Sugar consumption should not exceed 30-40 g per day.
- Carbohydrates can be consumed up to 350 g per day.
- Salt is limited to 3-5 grams a day.
Diet for pancreatic pancreatitis: a list of foods
If you follow the 5p number diet, animal fats will be excluded. It is forbidden to consume no more than 25 g of butter or vegetable oil per day. You should not eat sour vegetables and fruits, other fiber-rich foods, fast foods, fried, fatty, spicy foods, sweets and pastries. The following is an expanded list of prohibited foods for the pancreatic inflammatory diet:
- fried foods;
- pork, lard, lamb, duck, goose, fatty chicken;
- smoked meats, sausages, sausages;
- fatty fish;
- meat, fish and mushroom soups;
- dairy products with high fat content (cheese, sour cream, fat milk);
- canned and pickled foods;
- spicy foods, sauces, spices;
- desserts and sweet sodas;
- sweet and sour fruits and berries: grapes, pears, citrus fruits, figs, dates, pomegranates, kiwis, cranberries, cherries, etc.
- vegetables that contain large amounts of fiber and purines: carrots, radishes, garlic, carrots, spinach, cabbage, onions and green onions, red beans;
- coffee, cocoa, strong black tea;
- fresh bread, toast;
- fried and boiled eggs.
It seems that no products are allowed at all, but this is not the case. Table number 5p allows you to eat quite varied, maybe the food looks a bit bland, but when the health of the pancreas is at stake, unfortunately, you don’t have to choose. The following is a list of foods allowed for the diet for inflammation of the pancreas during exacerbations, table number 5p-1:
- Crackers - no more than 50 g per day
- Cereal soup in water or vegetable broth that is not too thick
- Lean lean meat, fat, skin, purified: beef, rabbit, chicken, turkey
- Lean fish, also mashed
- Cereals (except semolina and millet), cereals, casserole
- Steamed egg white omelette (you can eat no more than 1 yolk a day)
- Dairy products are low in fat and not too acidic - cottage cheese, cream and milk in soups
- Zucchini, potatoes, carrot puree and cauliflower puree
- Baked apples, baby fruit puree
- Jelly, jelly without sugar, with substitutes
- Mineral water, weakly brewed tea, fruit compote, rosehip broth
When the body recovers slightly, the above products can be supplemented with dry bread, vegetarian soups, noodles, sour milk products, beets, pumpkin, nuts, in limited quantities - tomatoes and cucumbers without skin, pasta, sweet fruits, cakes (not rich), dairy and vegetable sauces. As already mentioned, all this should be eaten exclusively in shredded form, but when the patient's condition improves, this can be neglected, for example, eating meat and fish in pieces (however, remove all tendons, films, fat, skin, leave the meat clean only).
Diet for pancreatic pancreatitis: menu
Diet table number 5p has two types. The first (No. 5p-1) is specially designed for patients with acute pancreatitis or for periods of worsening chronic disease. According to the list of allowed foods, the menu may be as follows (for each dish there are several options):
- Breakfast: grated oatmeal, fresh grated cottage cheese, rice pudding or slimy cereal soup in water. The drink is weak tea or rosehip broth.
- Second breakfast: baked apples, protein omelet, a glass of jelly.
- Lunch: vegetable puree (you can mix several types of vegetables), mashed buckwheat porridge, fish dumplings, low-fat beef or rabbit souffle. Rosehip broth or fruit compote.
- Afternoon snacks: fruit jelly, baby fruit puree.
- Dinner: vegetable soup with breadcrumbs, rice casserole, grated barley porridge, chicken or turkey. Mineral water or fruit compote.
If we talk about option number 5p-2, the approximate menu for diet for pancreatic pancreatitis looks like this:
- Breakfast: oatmeal in water, cottage cheese casserole, weak tea.
- Second breakfast: natural apple sauce of non -acidic type.
- Lunch: vegetable cream soup, roast beef, berry jelly.
- Afternoon snack: dry biscuit biscuits, carrot juice.
- Dinner: steamed fish cake with boiled Brussels sprouts, low -fat kefir.
Other menu options:
- Breakfast: chicken dumplings with young beans with milk sauce, weak tea.
- Second breakfast: curd pudding.
- Lunch: vegetarian noodle soup, a slice of toast, rosehip broth.
- Afternoon snack: 2 protein omelets and 1 egg yolk, half a peeled tomato.
- Dinner: semolina porridge, vegetable juice.
And so on:
- Breakfast: buckwheat porridge, rosehip broth.
- Second breakfast: a glass of kefir, pastries.
- Lunch: pumpkin cream soup, pasta with pieces of steamed beef, mineral water.
- Afternoon snack: rice casserole with apples
- Dinner: low -fat jelly fish.
Diet for the pancreas: a recipe
Rice soup with vegetables
- Rice in a bag;
Preparation: make rice water - boil the rice in a pot with plenty of water, then remove the bag. Grate the carrots, cut the rest of the vegetables, put them all in a pot with rice broth, put the rice and wheat rolls in there, cook until the vegetables are ready. Salt, stir, turn off. If necessary, grind everything in a blender.
- Lean fish fillets;
- White crackers;
- Egg white;
Preparation: grind the fish in a meat grinder, soak the crackers in milk, also through a meat grinder, mix with chopped fish. Beat egg whites until foamy, add minced meat, salt and stir. The shape of round dumplings from the minced meat produced. Then boil or steam.
Pumpkin cream soup with oatmeal
- A little oil to extinguish.
Preparation: chop the pumpkin and potatoes, boil in a deep bowl with a little oil, making sure it does not burn. Salt, add the rolled wheat, add water, mix, bring to a boil until the rolled wheat is ready. Put the contents of the pan through a blender, return to the pan, add the cream and let it boil for a few more minutes. Can be served with breadcrumbs.
According to surveys, it is not very easy to follow a diet for pancreatitis, at least in the phase of purified food, but with its help, you can achieve a very stable remission. Patients noted that they felt better on such a diet.